Switchback Travel, a leading adventure website based in Seattle, is looking to expand our team with qualified individuals. Prerequisites include enthusiasm and knowledge of the outdoors, strong writing and communication skills, attention to detail, and an understanding of Switchback Travel’s voice. In addition to the postings listed below, we do consider specific projects and articles on a case-by-case basis. Please send your resume, cover letter, relevant work samples, and proposals to [email protected]
Outdoor Gear Testers
We are excited to add qualified Outdoor Gear Testers to our growing team. The position is remote—we are based in Washington but you can live and work anywhere with good outdoor access.
- Test and photograph outdoor gear locally and on designated testing trips.
- Write in-depth reviews based on your experiences.
- Research new and existing products in a range of gear categories.
- Contribute to informational gear articles as needed.
- A high level of outdoor experience and authenticity. Key areas of expertise that we are looking for include backpacking, camping, skiing, and snowboarding.
- Excellent writing and photography skills.
- Understanding of Switchback Travel’s voice.
- Attention to detail and the ability to meet deadlines.
For consideration, please send a resume, cover letter, and writing samples to [email protected] with "Outdoor Gear Tester" in the subject line. We cannot respond to every application individually, but will follow up with qualified candidates as quickly as possible. Thanks for your time!